Exciting new developments are going up everywhere, and, finally, some of them appear to be addressing the need for affordable housing. Best of all, the projects appear to be privately-financed.
First, was the announcement that three developers have submitted plans for Roxbury’s Parcel P-3, at the corner of Tremont Street and Ruggles Street (across from the Boston Police Department headquarters), detailed below.
Then, there was the groundbreaking on the groundbreaking new project going up in Mattapan, at the corner of Harvard Street and Morton Street, called Olmsted Green.
The centerpiece of the project will be 287 market – rate townhouses and condominiums priced in the $220,000 to $450,000 range. Olmsted Green will also include 153 affordable rentals and 83 units of senior housing.
This is a great re-use of space, seeing as the project is going up on (part of) the site of the old Boston State Hospital (which predates me, as well as just about all of you).
I have high hopes that there will be lots of new development down in that area. We can only hope that interest rates stay low and the economy healthy, so that more people can become homeowners.
(I only wish there had been more press about the groundbreaking. The Globe has an editorial, but I’ve seen no other story about it in either the Globe or Herald.)
More information: It’s in Mattapan – Boston Globe Editorial
Also: Olmsted Green – Developer’s website
Contact me to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018