You know, sometimes people just can’t help themselves from doing stupid things.
Case in point:
Homeowners Derrick and Carol Scott have a homeowner’s insurance policy with Allstate Insurance Co. On April 16, 2004, a fire severely damaged their home and its contents.
Derrick Scott stated that on the day of the fire he noticed a “wet spot” on the floor of his garage. He decided to investigate the nature of this “wet spot” by lighting it with a match.
When he dropped the match to the floor …
Oh, why ruin the fun.
You know where the story’s going.
Complete article: Homeowner’s stupid mistake destroys house – By Robert J. Bruss, Inman News, by way of The Boston Globe