I love the design of the new Russia Wharf development.
This is surprising, given that I usually hate it when developers plop a new building on an old building.
I guess when it’s done right, it’s good.
Steve Bailey of the Globe hates it.
Alien on the park – By Steve Bailey, The Boston Globe
The Greenway was supposed to be the kind of opportunity that comes along once in a century. But instead of building upon Boston — see the great Norman Leventhal’s gracious Rowes Wharf just up Atlantic Avenue for what is possible — developers and the city are conspiring to give us the look and feel of an off-ramp outside Dallas. Or is it Houston?
Well, first off, I wouldn’t use the word “gracious” to describe Rowes Wharf. Second off, glass and steel is good, just like brick.
The rendering of Russia Wharf isn’t fair. It doesn’t show the building as it will appear, right up against the new InterContinental residences and hotel (two towers), right next to the Independence Wharf building.
In context, it looks fine.
Kind of funny, but fine.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.