And, Boston is on the list (natch.). So is Barnstable town(?), Cambridge, and Essex.
You’ve heard it all before.
[Mark Zandi, chief economist for Moody’s Economy.com] … pointed out that there were still reasons to be wary of a potentially more severe slowdown here in the unlikely event that the general economy begins to falter. â€œHousings tentacles go deep into the economy, he said, deeper than many people think.
Zandi also noted that housings high sensitivity to shifts in interest rates will become increasingly apparent the longer the Federal Reserve continues driving up those rates by quarter-point increments. â€œAny fundamental rise in interest rates will bite hard, Zandi said, and the rise will lock out two key groups that are important to local and regional markets: first-time home buyers and investors.
Investors have something valuable to contribute to the long-term vitality of local markets because they arent just buyers whose aim is to flip and get out,â€? but include second home buyers, boomers seeking retirement homes and others who are in it for the long haul.
Another cause for concern, Zandi pointed out that there are a substantial number of borrowers at risk of defaulting on mortgages that are for amounts exceeding the value of their homes. We will see defaulting and foreclosures, he said.
Complete story: Miami Could Be the First Hot Market to Land With a Thump – Nation’s Building News Online
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018