This is great!
I’m going to start digging into the ground, today.
Check out the story, for the photos, at least. This home is a gem. A $7.825 million gem, that is.
This five-story town house stands in Manhattan’s TriBeCa district, a few blocks north of the World Trade Center site.
An unusual geothermal energy system provides heating, cooling and hot water. Pipes extend about 1,400 feet into the earth, where the temperature is always about 52 degrees, according to architect Alexander Gorlin, who writes on the home in his book “Creating the New American Townhouse.” The pipes transfer energy to the house, where two-layer-thick concrete exterior walls, filled with thermal materials, trap the energy and distribute it, Mr. Gorlin says. (All floors also have radiant heating systems.)
The late New York architect and developer John Petrarca designed the property and lived there with his wife, business-journalism professor Sarah Bartlett, until his death from lung cancer in 2003. The project was completed in 2002. The home’s interior includes limestone-and-Merbau wood floors.
Complete article: A Manhattan Town House Warmed: By the Heat of the Earth Below – by Troy McMullen, The Real Estate Journal
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.