Ouch. The renovation of the Government Center T is long overdue and could spur other necessary changes to the entire barren, wind-swept Government Center Plaza in general. But closing the station for two years? Guess it’s got to be done. From the Globe:
The Government Center subway station is scheduled to shut down for two years starting around late summer or early fall of 2013 so that construction can be done on an estimated $90 million project to renovate and rebuild part of the busy station at City Hall Plaza, MBTA officials said. …
During the two years the station is closed, trains will still be able to bypass, but not stop at, the station, Pesaturo said. A special bus route will stop at Government Center, Haymarket and State stations. And Bowdoin Station, normally closed on weekends and after 6:30 p.m. on weekdays, will be kept open, on a trial-basis, on weekends and later on weekdays.
Here’s more on the project from the MBTA.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.