A comment from a reader:
Other sites are showing real-estate trending down in the state overall (MAR’s numbers had a YOY decrease of about 1% for June).
True that’s Mass as a whole and not Boston, and Boston is much more likely to be able to weather any coming storm, but based on all of the mortage, debt, and sales information I see some dark clouds on the horizon.
Don’t get me wrong I don’t fault you for having a positive outlook, you’re a salesman and if no one is buying houses/condos you’re out of a job.
That comment implies I feel a certain way, for personal, financial gain.
Well, first off, I’m not really a “salesman” – I’m not selling anything. I only work with buyers. Buyers will only buy if they feel they are getting value for their money. It is in my own best interest, in fact, to find homes that are as cheap as possible for my buyers, because, only then, will they be willing to buy.
Second, to say that I’ll be out of a job if no one buys, while true, ignores my motivation in being an agent. I live comfortably regardless of whether or not my clients buy a home. If I was focused solely on money, I would still be an accountant, or a software consultant, two of my prior careers, where I was paid, most handsomely.
Third, to say that I am in real estate, and therefore I must be optimistic, is irrational. By this same logic, a police officer would hope for more crime, and a school teacher would hope for more breeding.
Comments are always welcomed. I look forward to receiving them.
Contact me to find or set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown/Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boston condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018