Arrests Made in Panic-Causing Hoax
BOSTON – Boston police and officials say they have made a number of arrests related to the hoax that snarled traffic, closed schools and caused regionwide panic.
Those arrested have been identified as Harvey Leonard of NewsCenter 5, Ken Barlow of WBZ-4, Fox 25’s Kevin Lemanowicz, and Pete Bouchard of 7 News. They will be charged with providing misleading information and causing panic in the public with their forecasts of an epic blizzard.
“Their actions were irresponsible and harmful,” said Attorney General Martha Coakley. “Calls have come into police and emergency units all over Boston. People were concerned, people stayed home from school, and we have an inch of slush.”
Grocery stores reported that in the panic, every loaf of bread, container of milk, and stick of butter flew off the shelves. Hardware stores were also feeling the heat.
“Every year, as soon as there’s snow in the forecast, everyone comes in and buys a shovel and an ice scraper,” said Gerry Heroux, manager of Heroux’s Hardware in Fitchburg. “I wish to hell I knew how they managed last winter. Maybe they throw out their shovels every spring.”
Arrests Made in Panic-Causing Hoax – By Michael Femia, BunkoSquad
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018