Housing Market News
The national housing market is showing mixed reviews. Here are some findings that were discussed in the video above:
* 19 out of 20 cities showed slower annual returns in July.
* Existing and pending homes sales slowed down.
* Home prices continue to be two or three times higher than the rate of inflation.
* August new home sales best in six years.
* The National Index of Home Prices are up for seventh straight month.
* S&P/Case Shiller 1-year change for Boston housing market up 5.7%
Decline in homeownership for individuals under 35
Homeownership among young adults fell sharply during the last housing bust. Homeownership rate for those under 35 declined by 11% between 1980 – 2012. Compared to only 1% to the overall homeownership during the same period. For more information review the housing study below.
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay
- Beacon Hill
- Charlestown Navy Yard
- Dorchester Heights
- Jamaica Plain
- Leather District
- Seaport District
- South Boston
- South End
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018