Friends of mine often say, “Oh, I love Canada. I wonder if it’s easy to buy a second home up there?”
It isn’t very easy, apparently, although it can be done.
By Tom Kelly, The Boston Globe
We have some friends who chose this summer to visit Boston’s Fenway Park, most of the rest of New England and even boarded a ferry from Portland, Maine, to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.
While they thought the vessel would be jammed with fellow tourists, they were surprised to discover the number of people from Maine, Connecticut and Massachusetts who were en route to their second home – in Canada.
“The few I talked to said they made a down payment to the seller and then asked the seller to carry the paper,” said my friend, Gary. “There was really no bank financing involved.”
Complete article: US lenders erect roadblock to Canadian real estate
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.