The hulking Harbor Garage, on a premier site near the Boston waterfront and New England Aquarium, is going on the market today and will likely be redeveloped into a mixed-use complex friendlier to the city’s waterfront visitors.
The concrete garage, designed in ’60s brutalist style by I.M. Pei, could bring $170 million or more, according to the broker, Cushman & Wakefield of Massachusetts Inc.
This is a great location for a nice, tall condominium complex, with office space downstairs, and retail and restaurants on the first floor.
Residents of the new building will have awesome views of the harbor and downtown Boston.
The fear is that the new owners will have to contend with neighbors complaining about obstructed views, but, really, there’s very little around there, except office buildings. They shouldn’t complain about their views. Anyone in there should be working, not looking out the windows!
Source: Harbor Garage going on the market – By Thomas C Palmer, Jr., The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $650k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $650k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $650k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $650k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $650k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $650k – $1M
- Leather District condos $650k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 650k – $1M
- South Boston condos $650k – $1M
- South End condos $650k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $650k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.