This thing is huge!
Monarch on the Merrimac features 600 ecoluxury (???) loft residences with a private waterfront park, roof terrace, and geothermal heating and cooling.
And, butterflies, apparently.
The historic mill, constructed in 1906, was transformed into modern lofts through a thoughtful redesign incorporating renewable resources, energy and water efficiency, and sustainable development. At Monarch, environmental awareness coexists with sleek design and sophisticated amenities. Residents can reduce their ecological footprint while enjoying modern lofts and a luxury lifestyle.
At the time it was built, it was the largest structure of its kind, and covers 1/3 of a mile (it’s thirty acres, inside).
Every ecoluxury loft at Monarch is designed with sustainable materials, renewable resources, and energy-efficient options in mind. The lofts include features and upgrades such as low consumption toilets, dimmer switches, bamboo countertops and reclaimed flooring. The lofts’ generous windows create sun-filled spaces that further reduce the need for electric lighting.
Throughout Monarch, lofts can be combined horizontally for oversized residences (subject to availability and other restrictions).
Ready for occupancy, October, 2007.
More information: Monarch lofts – developer’s website
Story courtesy Ryan Wanger, ZipRealty.com
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $650k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $650k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $650k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $650k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $650k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $650k – $1M
- Leather District condos $650k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 650k – $1M
- South Boston condos $650k – $1M
- South End condos $650k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $650k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.