Over the past several months, people have started complain over what they perceive to be dishonesty on the part of MLS, the local company (run by Realtors) that lists almost all of the properties on the market in Eastern Massachusetts.
Up until now, there was nothing stopping a real estate agent from listing a property and, if it didn’t sell after a couple months, taking it off MLS, and then posting it again, as a new listing. The issue was, it then showed up as a new listing, when, in fact, it was an old listing.
This could improve the chances that the property would be seen by people just starting to look for a home. Plus, lots of people think something must be wrong with a property if it’s been on the market for a long time, so by relisting the property, it made it look fresh and brand new.
Starting April 1, however, MLS will institute new rules on how properties are listed. Agent won’t be able to remove and then relist the same property, without everyone knowing that it is the same property from before. (If the property comes off for more than 90 days, however, it will be reset.)
This will make the whole procedure more transparent, which should make buyers happier.
It starts April 1st.
I might have some of the details wrong, so wait for a press release from MLS before taking what I said as the truth.
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.