Real estate broker commissions
Description: A survey to find out what readers think about real estate broker commissions..
Question : In one sentence, please tell me, why you would or would NOT use a real estate agent to buy a home.
I think I can do it myself / Too expensive
I have the time/skill to search out homes on my own and know how to negotiate.
area knowledge, market knowledge
I would use an agent because I would probably be moving to a community I am unframiliar with
rookie, never done it before
There is no reason not to since the seller pays the commission
To help barter with the sellers agent
I know the target communities well enough and have time to do the legwork.
i can do almost as good of a job and save the commission
when we bought 3 yrs ago, our buyers agent was completely useless.
All I need is an attorney- I have all the data I need- however
To get access to houses before the open house.
my time is still more valuable to me
I need experienced help to make sure I don’t get screwed.
To ease a complicated process that I would totally fuck up trying to navigate by myself.
I enjoy doing many of the things a buyers agent would do (searching neighborhood information, sales data, house listings, etc), so I don’t see it as a chore.
I am not sure, because the buyer’s agent is “free” from the buyer’s point of view.
They are shady
Would probably not because hard to find buyer’s agent who works to find right home for you, not highest commission for them with an exclusive contract
I work full time and would like someone else to wade through the more mundane aspects of the process for me.
would use one. no cost to me
Familiar with area; Seller’s agent would rather sell to me than someone with a buyer’s agent
I didn’t use one when buying my current condo, and saved $
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.