Not really “Boston”, per se, more like “Massachusetts”.
All the usual suspects, on the list.
Massachusetts has 11 billionaires, according to Forbes magazine’s annual survey of the world’s richest people.
Fidelity Investments executive Abigail Johnson is the richest Massachusetts resident and 28th wealthiest person in the world, with $12.5 billion in assets.
Other Bay Staters to make the list include:
80. Ned Johnson, Fidelity Investments chairman, $6.7 billion;
258. John Abele, Boston Scientific chairman, $2.7 billion;
335. Peter Nicholas, Boston Scientific founder, $2.3 billion;
350. Amos Hostetter Jr., Continental Cablevision founder, $2.2 billion;
486. Jim Davis, New Balance CEO, $1.6 billion;
606. Richard Egan, EMC Corp. founder, $1.3 billion;
606. Thomas Flatley, Flatley Co. CEO, $1.3 billion;
645. Amar Bose, Bose Corp. CEO, $1.2 billion;
698. Paul Fireman, Reebok founder, $1.1 billion; and;
698. Robert Kraft, New England Patriots owner, $1.1 billion.
Source and more details: Forbes ‘richest people’ list includes 11 Mass. billionaires – Boston Business Journal