Eh, this article was mildly funny. It’s set in the future, year 2015, and looks back at supposed attempts to build something on the Rose Kennedy Greenway. Ha ha.
By Brian McGrory, The Boston Globe
It’s a gorgeous September afternoon in the year 2015, and as I walk along what used to be known as the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway in downtown Boston I am brimming with pride over the announcement that our great civic leaders have just made about this spectacular space.
Oh, sure, it was a struggle to get here, what with the typical finger-pointing, the rampant hand-wringing, and the trademark fear-mongering that characterizes too much of Boston, now, then, and always. But today made it all worthwhile.
Some of the previous incarnations of this space, in retrospect, may not have seemed ideal. There was that whole chain-link fence era, beginning in 2005, when the YMCA and Massachusetts Horticultural Society abandoned plans to build grand public facilities on the land.
Complete article: Heading back to the future
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.