I hate being the type of guy who blogs about how crummy the subway system is …
Having said that, boy, the MBTA sure does suck disappoint me, sometimes.
From Saturday’s Globe:
A long-awaited makeover of Kenmore Square, once slated for completion in 2004, has been plagued by delays and problems.
With a price tag that has swelled from $23 million to $32 million, its projected completion has been pushed back until at least late 2008 …
… MBTA officials had originally planned to begin construction as early as 2002 and were quoted in news stories projecting a 2004 completion.
This makes me furious.
(** Extra furiousness because the T says that some of the delay can be blamed on the Red Sox, since their season went into November, this year …)
One piece of good news – the bus stop is almost completed. Sometime during the first three months of 2008 (meaning, March 31, 2008), it will be moved back to its original location, underneath that oddly-shaped (and, from the looks of things, un-waterproof) bus depot roof.
(And you can expect this headline in the future, dateline 2012: Copley T stop redesign still not done; MBTA misses deadline, by three years)
Source: Problems set back Kenmore makeover – By Tania deLuzuriaga, The Boston Globe
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018