If you want to buy a home in the Boston area and you’re on a budget (aren’t we all?), you have a choice: go small or go elsewhere.
My recommendation? Go small.
At least that’s what I told the Globe, in an article posted today.
It’s home buying season again, and shoppers venturing out for good deals should hew to a simple strategy: think old, think small.
The cost of new houses is driven up by the state’s scarcity of land, so starter homes are more likely to be older houses, said Boston Realtor John A. Keith. They don’t have to be perfect, because the average couple stays in such a house for only five years or less, he said.
“Every neighborhood and every city will have old pockets of homes,” he said. “You might have to settle with one bath, the kitchen might have Corian countertops, not granite. The cupboards might need to be refaced, it might have linoleum floors, but the pride of ownership trumps all that.”
If you are a first-time homebuyer with limited funds but desire to live in the city of Boston, you may need to consider looking in Dorchester, or East Boston, or even Roslindale and West Roxbury. Those are where the best deals can be found.
Source: House hunting? Think small, old – By Ron DePasquale, The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.