Jack Guttentag, Professor of Finance Emeritus at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, has created a great website full of information for buyers and property owners. You can find an answer to just about any loan-related question.
He has created at least 18 calculators so you can figure out what your mortgage loan payments will be, plus a lot more. You can compare loan programs, figure out whether or not to pay points, see how much you’ll save by making an extra payment every year, etc.
I am planning to purchase, or have contracted to purchase but not yet closed.
A. Should I consolidate non-mortgage debt in my purchase mortgage?
B. I want the payment on a fixed-rate mortgage.
C. I want the payment and amortization schedule for one mortgage.
D. I want to compare the cost of two mortgages.
E. I want to know the break-even period on paying points.
F. I want to know the rate of return on an investment in points.
G. I plan to put less than 20% down and want to compare the costs of various options.
H. I want to know the best allocation of my limited cash between down payment and points.
I. I want to know the rate of return on an investment in a larger down payment.
J. I want to calculate lender fees from the interest rate and APR.
K. I want to know whether selecting a shorter term on an FRM is a good investment.
L. I want to know whether I can profit by taking a longer term and investing the cash flow savings.
Check it out if you are thinking of borrowing money to pay for a home purchase.
More: The Mortgage Professor
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018