Tell me, are you using an agent to find your next home? A buyer’s agent? Why? Why aren’t you searching on your own? Or, are you searching on your own, but are going to sign-up with an agent, once you’ve found a property you like?
What do you think a buyer’s agent does for you?
* Find suitable properties?
* Drive you to showings?
* Give opinions on properties?
* Write up and negotiate offers?
* Recommend home inspectors and attorneys?
* Deal with issues between offer and closing?
* Collect a commission at closing?
Which of these things are important to you? Which things could you do without? How much value does a buyer’s agent add? What is a buyer’s agent #1 job, in your mind?