When a real estate agent works as a facilitator, that agent assists the seller and buyer in reaching an agreement but does not represent either the seller or buyer in the transaction.
The facilitator (and the broker with whom the facilitator is affiliated) owe the seller and buyer a duty to present each property honestly and accurately by disclosing known material defects about the property and owe a duty to account for funds.
Unless otherwise agreed, the facilitator has no duty to keep information received from a seller or buyer confidential.
The role of facilitator applies only to the seller and buyer in the particular property transaction involving the seller and buyer.
Should the seller and buyer expressly agree a facilitator relationship can be changed to become an exclusive agency relationship with either the seller or the buyer.
So, if you’ve already found the home of your dreams on your own, but want some assistance in submitting an offer (filling out forms, etc.), consider using a Facilitator. About half the time, the Facilitator is paid less than a regular Buyer’s Agent, which might help you get a lower price on your purchase. (In almost all cases, the seller pays any commissions, anyway.)
Source: Facts for Consumers: Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons – Commonwealth of MA, Office of Consumer Affairs, Division of Professional Licensure
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018