That mortgage loan prices are at historic lows is widely known (my email’s spam folder is full of reminders). What’s not as clear is why are rates so low and, more importantly, will they continue to stay low.
The Wall Street Journal has a fine article out today, Reasons Why Mortgage Rates Are Staying Low, which explains it all for us.
Basically, low rates are a reflection of the world’s economy. With continued uncertainty, investors are looking for safe, solid places to put their money, and US Treasuries are considered #1 in the world. Mortgage rates follow treasury bond rates (because, like 10-year bonds, mortgages tend to be paid off 7-10 years from origination).
A word of caution, however. Although new mortgage rates are expected to stay low (under 4.2% by year end), refinancing rates may rise. Keep that in mind if you’re looking to lock in a low rate.
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENT
- Boston Back Bay condos for sale and rent
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for saleand rent
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Navy Yard sale and rent
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale and rent
- Fenway Boston condos for sale and rent
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale and rent
- Leather District Boston condos for sale and rent
- Midtown Downtown condos for sale and rent
- Seaport District condos for sale and rent
- South Boston condos for sale and rent
- South End Boston condos for sale and rent
- Waterfront condos for sale and rent
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.