Someone, somewhere, has been floating the idea of the Federal Bureau of Information (FBI) building its new Boston headquarters, down on the waterfront.
Why is this bad? Because the security required for such a building would effectively put a lot of the Seaport District off-limits to residents and visitors.
The complex could need anywhere from five to 10 acres, giving it a footprint roughly the size of Fenway Park, according to the Herald.
This isn’t what everyone signed up for. We want to encourage people to visit the Seaport District, right?
If the FBI wants an urban, waterfront location for its 270,000 square-foot headquarters, I have a great idea.
How about Chelsea?
Source: Fibbies will have to spend plenty for fortress Hub office complex – By Scott Van Voorhis, The Boston Herald
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.