Gov. Deval Patrick will announce plans for a $1.4 billion commuter rail link to New Bedford and Fall River on Wednesday, hoping to make good on an long-awaited expansion of the state’s public transportation system.
The price tag for the project has risen from an estimated $156 million during the Weld Administration to $670 million during the Romney Administration (may have included other rail projects), to the $1.4 billion quoted today (and destined to go higher, right?)
Meanwhile, the Arborway Green Line remains disassembled; much of the track has been paved over, although the MBTA’s management says no final decision has been made as to its future.
How does it happen that suddenly a subway line suddenly disappears? In broad daylight?
Patrick to unveil commuter rail plan for New Bedford, Fall River – By Steve LeBlanc, Associated Press, by way of The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.