From the Globe:
Boston wants the New England Revolution to make the city their new home.
With the soccer team looking to build a stadium of its own somewhere in the area, Mayor Thomas M. Menino yesterday sent a letter to Major League Soccer officials expressing his interest in locating it in the city. Menino said he will form a task force of prominent business and sports leaders to look into the issue and identify possible locations.
The new soccer stadiums generally seat between 20,000 and 30,000 fans, fewer than Fenway Park, and often double as concert venues. ***
Source: City exploring soccer stadium for Revolution – By Sasha Talcott, The Boston Globe
*** While the stadiums are built to hold 20,000 – 30,000, the Revolution’s most recent game, at the height of World Cup 2006 fever, attracted 66% less people, 11,089 fans.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos for sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018