Today’s real estate stories of interest to Bostonians:
High-rise plans looking up: Mayor wants new homes built on parking place – by Scott Van Voorhis, The Boston Herald. Mayor Thomas Menino has proposed selling an above-ground parking garage in the financial district, replacing it with a 30-40 story condo building. Problems: Not much going on in the area to attract high-end buyers, plus not much of a view. Plus, something about a market slowdown. Yeah, but you’re so close to all the luggage stores and hip-hop outlets in Downtown Crossing.
(The lack of a good view hasn’t deterred some developers. Steve Belkin, he of the credit card empire and Atlanta Hawks fame, is interested in the site, apparently, according to Mr. Van Voorhis.
Menino eyes infrastructure funds to spur Fort Point devleopment – by Scott Van Voorhis, The Boston Herald. Mayor Thomas Menino has proposed that the state pick up some of the infrastructure costs necessary before building can commence in the Fort Point area (near the Financial District and Seaport area). Over 2,000 new condos have been targeted for the area.
How to sell your home on your own – by Nena Groskind, The Boston Herald. Great advice on how to sell your home on your own – meaning, without the help of a real estate agent. My advice: It’s almost always better to use an agent. If you still decide to sell on your own, at least use an attorney and other professionals to do some of the work. It’s worth the money.
A Fort Point makeover: Tower tops trendy plans – by Scott Van Voorhis, The Boston Herald. Tasty plans for a 24-story building between the Financial District and Seaport are on tap.
Berkeley plans to line the streets around its 12-building, 1.2 million-square-foot portfolio with trees, old-fashioned street lights, and first-floor awnings and canopies. Restaurants and stores are also envisioned for ground-floor perches in the firm
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018