Everything seems to be a bargain, once you’ve lived, or even visited, Manhattan.
Moving TO NYC, however, can cause sticker shock.
(It also causes “size” shock.)
Before their relocation to New York from Boston, Christoffer Eriksson and Muge Tuncel Eriksson assumed they could find a home almost as nice as their two-bedroom condominium, which overlooked Bunker Hill.
But after hunting for a Manhattan rental for $2,500 to $3,000 a month, they changed their tune. “That was fantasyland,” Mr. Eriksson said. “It was not going to happen.” First, they raised their budget; then, they decided what they could live without.
What’d they find out? If they increased their budget to $3,500, they could get a nice 700 square-foot one bedroom, in a newly converted apartment building, one block from Central Park.
Not bad, not bad at all.
Complete story: Where the Grass is Greener – By Joyce Cohen, The New York Times
*** I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with Joyce Cohen, while at the Inman News conference. She seems to be a lot of fun. She’s a great writer, too.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018