Two news stories convey the shift in the housing market that only recently became apparent:
Story One: “The housing rebound is broadening to other parts of the U.S. economy and will likely lend impetus to growth through 2013 and beyond.”
Story Two: “Hedge funds and private equity firms have been rushing in to buy up companies and assets in every part of the housing supply chain, including undeveloped land, homebuilders, foreclosed homes, and building parts manufacturers. One of the most notable moves is coming from hedge fund manager John Paulson, best known for his big (and lucrative) bets against subprime mortgages in 2006 and 2007.”
The last quote kind of causes more than a little unease. The same financiers who bet for and against the housing market last decade are still around, betting for and against the market, and still capable of too-big-to-fail screw ups. And we’re supposed to be happy?
But we’ll take it.
File under: Cognitive dissonance
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018