I don’t know. Might make sense if you’re the entrepreneurial sort. If you have access to a lot of cash, and are pretty smart with banks, and with real estate.
A Denver-based real estate company is betting on the market for buying and selling foreclosed homes in bulk.
Home Investment Portfolio Partners (HIPP) has purchased 144 foreclosed homes in 24 states at is estimated coat of $2.4 million. The properties’ original mortgages totaled about $7 million.
HIPP plans to fix up most of the properties, rent them and hold them until the economic cycle improves â€“ probably two to four years, says HIPP president Christian Hageseth.
What’s the risk? Well, obviously, that you overpay. Obviously, they are buying the properties at a deep discount, but, you have to wonder if these homes were worth what they were bought at, to begin with. Plus, it says the company “plans to fix up most of the properties” – that doesn’t sound good.
And, does anyone really like being a landlord?
If you think you might be interested in this sort of thing, let me know. I can put together a list of possible properties.
Source: Company Buying Foreclosures in Bulk – By Margaret Jackson, The Denver Post, by way of Realtor.org
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos for sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018