John Rosenthal and the Meredith Kenmore/Fenway Development Group have filed their first formal plans for the massive One Kenmore mixed-use development, to be built on Parcel 7 over the Massachusetts Turnpike.
Construction may begin within a year. (Back in October 2005, when I heard Mr Rosenthal talk about his plans, he said he expected it to be “two years” before the first shovels would be in the ground … he was pretty close … if by two years, he meant “four”.)
If it is built as proposed, the $450 million project will include “four buildings ranging from 7 stories to 22 stories, 338,000 square feet of office space, 101,000 square feet of ground-floor retail, 282 apartments and 1,360 parking spaces,” according to plans filed with the Boston Redevelopment Authority.
The “282 apartments” may be condos or apartments, depending on market conditions.
That total is a far cry from the 600 condos planned when the project was originally proposed … back in 2003.
Also, the 1,300 parking spaces is a big drop from the 2,600, originally proposed.
Oh, and if you own a concrete company, this is your year!
More: One Kenmore Project Plan Posted – By Thomas Grillo, Banker & Tradesman
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Click Here: Back to Boston Real Estate Home Search
- Tips on buying a Boston real estate
- Boston real estate buyers how to beat all cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Boston real estate for sale
- Benefits of buying a Boston real estrate condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
- How to select a Boston real estate broker
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Clutter Free
- Beacon Hill condos for sale:Security Tips
- Beacon Hill condo renters are misinformed
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale: Design trends
- Boston Boston real estae: Fixer up
- 8 Beacon Hill condo designs
- How to sell your Midtown condo using social media
- Boston Boston real estate sales volume
- Wage increases make Boston real estate less or more affordable
- Boston Boston condos the importance of high owner occupancy
- Why you should buy a Boston real estate off season
- The defintions of Boston real estate terms and what they mean?
- UPDATED 2020