Sotheby’s Realty entered the Boston market last year when Gibson Domain Domain became part of the franchise, under new owners Larry Rideout, Michael Hansen, and Paul McGann.
The company rapidly expanded its reach. RE/MAX Waterfront, run by Chris Tuite, joined them under the Sotheby’s name. Then, uber-broker Beth Dickerson was persuaded to join, only months after she had headed out on her own.
Now, Gibson Sotheby’s has grown, again.
According to the Back Bay Sun:
Rideout has brought on Lois Kunian, another high-end Back Bay broker, who has run her own real estate company for 26 years from her Marlborough Street home. Kunian said she was attracted to the firm partly by its support staff who will free up her time to concentrate on sales rather than administrative matters. â€œThere will be a successful operation behind me that everybody knows,â€? she said.
Running a real estate company out of one’s home? How crazy is that???
But that’s not the gossipy part. This is:
Rideout said he is now talking with a high-end Beacon Hill broker, whom expects to join his company shortly.
Oh, c’mon. That’s an easy one. It’s not like it’s going to be Brewster & Berkowitz R. E. or Street & Company.
I mean, not every independent brokerage can a-Ford to merge with another company.
Source: South End real estate firm sets its sights on the Back Bay – and beyond – By Karen Cord Taylor, The Back Bay Sun (fourth item)
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.