One of the biggest mistakes people make when selling their Boston condo for sale is not understanding real estate value. It doesn’t matter what you think your Boston Beacon Hill condo is worth. The value is determined by buyers. What you enjoyed about your Boston high rise condo is irrelevant when it’s time to sell. Use some of the following tips to get started.
- Know the Downtown Boston condo market. Find out what other similar properties have sold for.
- Decide on your minimum price. Be willing to work with any buyers who make an offer above it.
- Clean and fix the most visible items first. If buyers fall in love with your home as soon as they enter it, they’ll forgive many minor issues.
- If you or your agent aren’t getting many calls, find out why. Is more advertising necessary or is the price too high? Drop it fast if the price is the problem. Be careful not to chase the market down with a series of insignificant price drops.
- Listen to comments of prospects. If you hear several times a room is dark, white paint is an easy solution.
- If there are any known problems, such as a leaky faucet, get an estimate for repairs. The buyer wants to move into a place that is worry free.
- Do any improvements that can realistically get you at least a two-to-one return on investment.
Not sure where to start? Call the Ford Realty Team to receive a customized strategy for selling your Downtown Boston condo at 617-720-5454.
Over the course of 20 years in the Boston downtown real estate market, John represented and sold numerous, condominiums, investment and development properties in Greater Boston and in the surrounding suburbs
In addition to representing Boston condo buyers and sellers, John is currently one of the most recognized Boston condo blog writers regarding Boston condominiums and residential real estate markets. John's insights and observations about the Boston condo market have been seen in a wide variety of the most established local & national media outlets including; Banker and Tradesman, Boston Magazine The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald and NewsWeek and Fortune magazine, among others.
For over 24 years, John Ford, of Ford Realty Inc., has been actively involved in the real estate industry. He started his career in commercial real estate with a national firm Spaulding & Slye and quickly realized that he had a passion for residential properties. In 1999, John entered the residential real estate market, and in 2000 John Started his own firm Ford Realty Inc. As a broker, his clients have come to love his fun, vivacious, and friendly attitude. He prides himself on bringing honesty and integrity to the entire home buying and selling process. In addition to helping buyers and sellers, he also works with rental clients. Whether you’re looking to purchase a new Boston condo or rent an apartment, you’ll quickly learn why John has a 97% closing rate.
Charles River Park
Surrounding Communities of Boston
John Ford and his staff can be reached at 617-595-3712 or 617-720-5454. Please feel free to stop by John's Boston Beacon Hill office located at 137 Charles Street.
Ford Realty Inc
137 Charles Street
Boston, Ma 02114
- Boston condosHow to avoid Boston downtown real estate scams
- Boston condosBoston Downtown real estate: Cautious tale for Sellers using Redfin Now and other direct condo buying companies
- Boston condosBoston downtown real estate market: Expert predictions for second half of the year
- Boston condosHow to make your Boston Seaport condo your sanctuary – 5 Tips