Developer John B. Hynes III announced he will build a new private school in the Seaport District “which will serve 1,500 children from kindergarten through high school [and] will help attract families and company executives to the area. Owners and renters of the mix of condos and apartments in the development would get first dibs on seats in the school, which would be open to outsiders if room is available, he said.”
But the plans, submitted yesterday to the Boston Redevelopment Authority, are not sitting well with city and Boston public school officials. To them, Hynes, the grandson of former Boston mayor John B. Hynes, is implying that the city’s public schools aren’t good enough and signaling that he plans to cater to the upper class.
Guess what? They aren’t. And, he is.
The Seaport District will be an amazing neighborhood, if and when it is fully developed. Mr. Hynes’ plans should be encouraged, by politicians, residents … everyone.
Complete story: S. Boston developer plans a private school – By Tracy Jan, The Boston Globe
Also: Curse, continued – By Steve Bailey, The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.