It seems the trend of big investors buying single-family homes – and then renting them out, a relatively new market phenomenon that we highlighted a few days ago – is suppressing home-sale prices elsewhere in the country.
This is a very curious national trend, though it’s unclear if it’s impacting Massachusetts. It appears the big investors, such as Blackstone, are focusing on basket-case housing markets out west and in the south, rather than focusing on the stronger Northeast markets.
It’s worth keeping an eye on. If anyone hears of a major private-equity investor snapping up single-family home in these parts, drop us a line.
File under: Interesting.
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018