From Bloomberg, proving once again that we’re now experiencing a pretty darn strong recovery in the housing market:
The S&P/Case-Shiller index of property values increased 10.9 percent from March 2012, the biggest 12-month gain since April 2006, after advancing 9.4 percent in February, a report showed today in New York. The median projection of 30 economists surveyed by Bloomberg called for a 10.2 percent advance.
But the accompanying chart really tells the story better than words (click on it to see it more clearly). The U.S. numbers are clearly pointing up again, no doubt, the full S&P/Case-Shiller report shows.
In Boston, the market was up 1.2 percent in February to March, and up 6.7 percent over the past year, according to data.
Compared to other cities, Boston’s increases appear small. But Boston also didn’t have as big a housing-market crash as other cities. That’s why Atlanta is up 19 percent, Las Vegas is up 20 percent, etc. They had more room to grow.
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018