In this day and age of being able to shop for anything anywhere, it is really important to know what you’re looking for when you start your Boston condo search.
If you’ve been thinking about buying a Boston condo of your own, you’ve probably come up with a list of things that you’d LOVE to have in your new Boston condo. Many new homebuyers fantasize about the amenities that they see on television (Million Dollar Listings), and start looking at the countless Boston luxury condos listed for sale through rose-colored glasses.
Do you really need that extra bathroom to be happy with your Boston condo? Would a deeded parking space be a convenience or a necessity? Does a private roof deck of your dreams make-or-break a deal right now?
The first step in your home buying process should be getting pre-approved for your mortgage. This allows you to know your budget before you fall in love with a home that is way outside of your budget.
The next step is to list all the features of a home that you would like, and to qualify them as follows:
- ‘Must-Haves’ – if this condo does not have these items, then it shouldn’t even be considered (ex: distance from work or family, number of bedrooms/bathrooms).
- ‘Should-Haves’ – if the property hits all of the ‘must-haves’ and some of the ‘should-haves,’ it stays in contention but does not need to have all of these features.
- ‘Absolute-Wish List’ – if we find a property in our budget that has all of the ‘must-haves,’ most of the ‘should-haves,’ and ANY of these, it’s the winner!
Boston Real Estate and the Bottom Line
Having this list fleshed out before starting your search will save you time and frustration, while also letting your agent know what features are most important to you before starting to show you houses in your desired area.
Contact me to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process,
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: Fall 2020