On the heels of Forbes’ ranking of Mission Hill as one of the country’s worst places to buy a home, CNN/Money comes out with its own list, this time regarding expensive places to live.
With any luck, the income from your new jobs will allow you to enjoy at least the same standard of living to which you’re accustomed now. The table below reflects what a couple without kids who hold middle-management jobs would need to earn to replicate a moderately affluent lifestyle in various cities.
We’ve listed the 50 most expensive metropolitan areas and the 50 least expensive from among the 364 cities and counties that participated in the latest ACCRA cost-of-living survey.
Metro State Income needed
1. New York (Manhattan) New York $166,777
2. San Francisco California $145,350
3. San Jose California $136,252
4. Honolulu Hawaii $129,729
5. Los Angeles-Long Beach California $126,736
6. Orange County California $124,980
7. Oakland California $123,361
8. San Diego California $121,279
9. Stamford Connecticut $120,522
10. Nassau County New York $120,326
13. Framingham-Natick Massachusetts $114,913
14. Bergen-Passaic New Jersey $111,855
15. Boston Massachusetts $111,752
Paducah, Kentucky was the cheapest place to live. You can be “moderately affluent” on $72,492 per year.
More details: Priciest places to be upwardly mobile: Here’s how much you’d need to earn to afford the same standard of living in 100 cities – By Jeanne Sahadi, CNNMoney.com
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.