The Maps Room at the Boston Public Library is a treasure. A treasure of maps.
And now it will be even better.
According to the Globe:
Retired Boston developer and map aficionado Norman B. Leventhal is contributing $10 million for a permanent endowment of the Boston Public Library’s map center, the library’s largest gift ever.
In an announcement to be made at the library today, Leventhal, who built a significant piece of Boston’s skyline and who last week turned 90, is also making a long-term loan to the Norman B. Leventhal Map Center of 178 of his most valuable historic maps of Boston, New England, and the world.
How very admirable of Mr Leventhal.
I have a great book of maps from his collection.
In addition to the new and improved maps room and increased endowment, the library is going to put more maps online, making them available for everyone.
Make a special trip to the library to check it all out. It’s worth it.
Maps lead to a public jewel – By Thomas C. Palmer Jr., The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018