The Broadluxe condominium development auction was held on Monday. Again, this was for the entire building; individual units were not sold off.
I received the following email from Brecht Palombo, who was handling the sale for Tranzon, LLC (email has been edited, slightly).
We had 19 registered bidders for the Broadluxe … In the end, TDBankNorth bought the property for $17.5M and we are remarketing the project to the interested parties right now …
I am not sure, but I’d assume that TDBankNorth was the lead lender on the project, so they bought it from the developer to control what happened to their investment. Brecht could clarify.
“Remarketing the project” means the bank wants to find someone, a developer, to come in to finish the project. Then, the developer would list the individual units for sale. I expect this could happen, fairly quickly.
Down the street, a different developer was selling five units in his condo development.
As for the Lofts @ Broad auction that same evening; we also had 19 bidders, we sold the one unit without reserve for $400,000 ($638 per square foot) to a private party.
Bids on the other four units are being accepted until next Monday, at 5:00 pm.
We are listening to all reasonable offers and we are disclosing current bids.
Ooh. That would be helpful news.
Send me an email if you want more information, want to contact Brecht, or would like buyer’s agent representation on your purchase of one of these units.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.