At least, that’s my prediction.
Condominium ombudsman is a state office in Florida and Nevada. The officials are responsible for resolving disputes, and, more often, overseeing condo board elections.
The [Florida] condo ombudsman office, created in 2004, says it’s currently fielding about 700 complaints and requests for help each week [emphasis, mine]. The office conducted 43 elections last year. It has already been asked to conduct that many this year.
The state office that oversees condos, the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, says its number of formal complaints are staying steady. In the past two fiscal years, it received about 1,800 complaints a year.
A major reason for the strife is the growth in condo living. The state has about 1.2 million condo units, up about 135,000 units from October 2003.
Other states are also addressing the issue. Nevada has had an ombudsman for several years, and lawmakers in California and Arizona are proposing similar positions.
Like I said, it’s just a matter of time before it comes to Massachusetts.
Might I offer up myself as candidate for ombudsman?
Full story: Political Hothouse: Florida Sends Help For Condo Elections – By Michael Corkery, The Wall Street Journal, by way of Joyce Cohen, The Walk-Through (The New York Times) by way of Cyber Citizens For Justice, Inc.(?)
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.