The City of New York wants to build 5,000 new homes down in Long Island City, on the Queens waterfront, priced to be affordable to the middle-class (defined as household income between $65,000 – $145,000).
So, they did the logical thing – they decided to give the New York real estate board the land, for free, to develop it. And the board, known as REBNY, has agreed to build and market the properties – with zero profit.
I’m giving you the barest minimum of information about what went down, but even if you read all about it, you’ll end up thinking the same thing – is this a crazy idea, or what?
A public-private cooperative agreement to development homes for the general public, at no cost to the city and with no discernible benefit to the developers.
That’s some messed up shit going down.
Complete story: Plan for Middle-Class Homes on Queens Bank of East River Prompts Ideas and Protest – By Charles V Bagli, The New York Times
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.