Buried in a story on the Bruins, today, is a bit of news about the nascent Nashua Street Residences project.
This high-rise multi-use development is proposed for the area behind the new Garden.
Delaware North owns the property.
… According to Charlie Jacobs, the Bruins executive vice president, his father’s Delaware North Companies soon hopes to finalize plans with a co-developer to construct a 37-story hotel/residential tower on the adjacent Nashua Street parcel — often referred to as the lot “behind” the Garden.
The building, said Jacobs, would house a hotel and residential condos, with the first five floors dedicated to a parking garage. The “lobby” of the building would line up approximately with the roof line of the Garden. The single-tower project also would include ample convention and banquet space.
I wonder if Delaware North will ever commence construction. The project has been delayed because the developer couldn’t get the numbers to work, as far as I know. They were afraid to put shovels into the ground due to the stagnant high-end real estate market. Filling 37-stories (minus parking and hotel) would require a heart of steel by any developer in any city.
Complete story: Garden Growth Expected (second story) – By Kevin Paul Dupont, The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.