Having an eco-friendly Boston condo seems like an idea we should all strive for. As a Bostonian I enjoy the outdoors, and do my best to take care of the environment, but sometimes when it comes to living in my Boston condo I’m not quite sure how to make a substantial change. The truth is, I can’t install solar panels or wind turbines-I think the Beacon Hill condo association would have a hard time with that. But here is a few things we can all do:
Change your Lightbulbs!
LED lighting uses significantly less energy, and produces light levels comparable to traditional lighting. LED bulbs have a lifespan of 50,000 hours, and only use 10 watts of energy. Installing LED lighting in your home is a quick and easy way to make a big change in terms of efficiency, and cost.
Turning off the water in the sink while you brush your teeth, and trying to take shorter showers are both good ways to conserve water, but investing in eco-friendly low-flow toilets, and tankless water heaters are even better. Eco-friendly toilets use less that one gallon of water to flush, and for an average 3-bedroom home, that can save you 6,000 to 9,000 gallons of water annually. Tankless water heaters only heat water on demand, and are therefore 34% more efficient than traditional water heaters. You can even use rain collection barrels to collect rain water as an alternative source of water for your yard.
For those who live in a single-family home, the chart below lists more ideas you can implement.
Contact me to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boston condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018