According to the Globe:
Former Red Sox shortstop Edgar Renteria’s 1,504-square-foot penthouse condo at the Ritz Towers was sold to Amy J. Mercier and John J. Morgan for $1.599 million.
Renteria, who now patrols the infield for the Atlanta Braves, bought the two-bedroom, 2 1/2 -bath unit a little bit more than a year ago for $1.55 million.
[Ed. Unfortunately, it looks as though Ed didn’t earn a dime on the sale of his condo, over at the Ritz.]
[Of course, he only owned it, for a year.]
The Ritz Towers has been home for several Sox players, including David Ortiz, Kevin Foulke, and Manny Ramirez, whose 4,500-square-foot penthouse spread is still on the market for $6.9 million.
Former outfielder Johnny Damon and his wife, Michelle, lived in the same building with their teammates before moving to Brookline for his last year in a Sox uniform. That 7,000-square-foot, six-bedroom house in Chestnut Hill is on the market for $5.75 million.
Source: Shortstop is out – By Carol Beggy, The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos for sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018