OK, this a non-real estate post but still of local interest: A new book about the medical resurrection of Ted Williams. Yeah, that Ted, of Red Sox fame. Not finished with the novel yet, but it’s pretty clever and good so far. Here’s how reviewer Bill Hall described local author Bruce Spitzer’s ‘Extra Innings’:
The premise lies in fact: we know that the son of Ted Williams, one of the game’s all-time greats, had his father’s head cryogenically frozen after his death in 2002 in hopes that science would reach the point where he could be revived someday.
That day arrives in “Extra Innings.” It is 2092, and not only is medical science able to repair the brain damage caused by strokes late in Williams’ life, or in this case FIRST life, it’s also able to reattach said head to a donor body (from a brain-dead 25 year old) and restore his famous 20-10 vision in the bargain. …
The grand game of baseball is now played internationally and robots have replaced human pitchers. Fenway Park is still the home of the Red Sox (though it’s now situated on Fenway Island due to global warming and fans arrive in water taxis).
You get the picture.
Btw: There is a real estate angle to this after all. Besides the future Fenway Island, check out the first link above and see how the Back Bay fares in 2092. Question: Do property values increase or decrease if Boston transforms from the Athens of America to the Venice of America?
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.