The Boston skyline is going to get busy.
Fresh off the closing of landmark The Littlest Bar in preparation for a high-rise condo tower at 45 Province Street, Vornado Trust and John B Hyne III’s Gale International announced yesterday that they are planning on buildng a 38-story multi-use tower, made up of 500,000 square feet of office space, 180,000 square feet of commercial / retail space, and as many as 140 luxury condo units, 20 of which would be below-market (which makes perfect sense, right?). There will also be a 207 unit hotel, along with spa and healthclub.
The new tower will be built on top of and beside the historic Filene’s building, in Downtown Crossing.
I’m ambivalent about residential construction in the Downtown Crossing (er, Midtown? Ladder District?) area. Certainly, most people buying into these projects (like at Grandview and the Ritz Carlton Towers) don’t necessarily go outside to walk around (they drive everywhere, instead?), but, aesthetically, the area is pretty unimpressive. I don’t think towers will do anything to improve the street life.
Source: Filene’s project to feature a high-rise – By Thomas C. Palmer, Jr., The Boston Globe
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos for sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018