So, you’re buying a home.
A couple months ago, you found the perfect home. You negotiated the price, you signed an offer. Then, you contacted an attorney to write up a purchase & sale contract, contacted your lender, and contacted a home inspector to check out the property.
The home inspector found some problems, so you (your agent, that is) renegotiated the purchase price. The seller agreed to make some improvements, as well (maybe the water heater was old, perhaps there were some loose wires, or the electrical outlets needed upgrading). To ensure these problems were taken care of, these repairs were written into the contract.
Now, it’s a day or two before closing.
This is your last chance to make sure everything is okay with the property, and that the seller has completed all the required repairs.
A syndicated columnist reported on this, recently:
To avoid getting burned, you schedule the walk-through as close to the actual closing as possible, certainly within the 24 to 48 hours prior to closing. If possible, the sellers should have already moved out.
The whole point of the walk-through is to protect yourself and your future property from sellers who aren’t as nice as they seem to be, or who are actually as nasty as they appear.
By inspecting the premises, you’re making sure the seller has lived up to his or her agreements in the sales contract. And if he or she hasn’t, you want to know about it in advance of the closing so remedies (both monetary and otherwise) can be agreed upon before money changes hands.
What should you look for in a pre-closing inspection?
Read on: Inspect home before closing – By Ilyce Glink, Inman News, by way of The Baltimore Sun
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown/downtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boston condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.