Scott has caught a very interesting — and disturbing — item in Gov. Deval Patrick’s proposed tax package: A plan to eliminate current home-sale exemptions and simply slap on a 6.25 percent sales tax on the gains on any sale of a house in Massachusetts.
We’re talking big bucks, folks, adding potentially thousands of extra dollars that sellers would owe after the sale of their home or condo.
As Scott notes, some have quietly nick-named Patrick “Gov. Devalue.”
Besides the added costs, this is a poorly timed idea, considering the housing market is only now beginning to recover in prices.
File under: Devalue.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018