For three long decades, Judith Rodgers lived in a one-bedroom rent-stabilized apartment on West 86th Street. All around her, life moved on.
She first shared the space with a roommate, then assumed the lease and lived there with a husband, and finally remained … with three sons after she and her husband split.
Yes. Her three sons. The oldest is now 21, one is 17, one is 13.
Two of her sons sleep in bunk beds on one side of the living room; the other used to sleep on the other side, until he went off to college.
The family of four moved recently to more spacious digs, further north on the island of Manhattan.
The sons seem stunned by the change.
“It is almost overwhelming to have so much space,” Matthew said. In his bedroom, he has a keyboard, a drum set, three amplifiers, seven guitars, “and still room for people to sit down.”
Complete story: A Fixture No Longer – By Joyce Cohen, The New York Times
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.