Real estate… gotta love it! As much as you think you know about it, you probably didn’t know these fun facts…
1. New York City’s Central Park has a land area of 843 acres with estimated value of $512,626,276,800.
Fact via Urbanful / Image via Google Earth
2. There’s an island in Alexandria Bay, NY called “Just Enough Room”. It has just enough room for a house and a tree.
Fact via When on earth / Image via Wikipedia
3. The landmark “Hollywood” sign originally read “Hollywoodland” and was constructed in 1923 as a publicity stunt to sell real estate.
Fact via KCET / Image via Wikimedia Commons
4. Donald Trump
Fact via Forbes / Image via Wikimedia Commons
5. Someone became an actual millionaire by selling virtual real estate in the online game ‘Second Life’.
Fact via Business Week / Image via Wikipedia
6. The Federal Government owns about 50% of the land in the Western U.S. and less than 5% in the Eastern half.
7. Half of all the privately owned land in Scotland is owned by 432 people.
8. Before appearing in his first movie, Arnold Schwarzenegger was already a self-made millionaire at 22 years old – thanks to his investments in real estate and bodybuilding equipment company.
Fact via The Richest / Image via Flickr
9. Times Square
Fact via The Guardian / Image via Wikipedia
10. Aspen, Colorado has such high real estate prices that in 2011, the cheapest listing was a $559,000 trailer.
11. Trinity Church
12. Mall of America
Over the course of 20 years in the Boston downtown real estate market, John represented and sold numerous, condominiums, investment and development properties in Greater Boston and in the surrounding suburbs
In addition to representing Boston condo buyers and sellers, John is currently one of the most recognized Boston condo blog writers regarding Boston condominiums and residential real estate markets. John's insights and observations about the Boston condo market have been seen in a wide variety of the most established local & national media outlets including; Banker and Tradesman, Boston Magazine The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald and NewsWeek and Fortune magazine, among others.
For over 24 years, John Ford, of Ford Realty Inc., has been actively involved in the real estate industry. He started his career in commercial real estate with a national firm Spaulding & Slye and quickly realized that he had a passion for residential properties. In 1999, John entered the residential real estate market, and in 2000 John Started his own firm Ford Realty Inc. As a broker, his clients have come to love his fun, vivacious, and friendly attitude. He prides himself on bringing honesty and integrity to the entire home buying and selling process. In addition to helping buyers and sellers, he also works with rental clients. Whether you’re looking to purchase a new Boston condo or rent an apartment, you’ll quickly learn why John has a 97% closing rate.
Charles River Park
Surrounding Communities of Boston
John Ford and his staff can be reached at 617-595-3712 or 617-720-5454. Please feel free to stop by John's Boston Beacon Hill office located at 137 Charles Street.
Ford Realty Inc
137 Charles Street
Boston, Ma 02114
- Boston condosHow to avoid Boston downtown real estate scams
- Boston condosBoston Downtown real estate: Cautious tale for Sellers using Redfin Now and other direct condo buying companies
- Boston condosBoston downtown real estate market: Expert predictions for second half of the year
- Boston condosHow to make your Boston Seaport condo your sanctuary – 5 Tips